I have made this awesome paleo granola several times now for friends, and even some of the people at the gym and everyone is astonished at how good it tastes!
Especially since there’s NO sugar added to it. The vanilla and cinnamon work together beautifully to add a natural sweetness to the granola.
- 100g almonds,
- 100g walnuts,
- 100g pecans,
- 100g macadamia nuts,
- 100g unsweetened coconut flakes, (I use desiccated coconut)
- 100g sunflower seeds,
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract,
- cinnamon powder as desired
- chia seeds
- 100g unsweetened dried cranberries/blueberries/cherries
- Put the pecans, walnuts and almonds in a plastic food bag and use a wooden spoon or any other hard spoon to break them up a bit (don't break them up too much!).
- Mix everything apart from the fruit with the vanilla extract and cinnamon powder and bake at 140ºC for about 40 minutes (or until the coconut has browned). Make sure the mix is spread out on the tray (you will need a few trays because if it’s too closely packed it won’t stay dry enough and won’t cook evenly). Turn the mixture after 20 mins. Remove from the oven and add the dried fruit and leave to cool, then store in a tin.
- I usually eat this with greek yoghurt with honey and some milk added, plus lots of berries (straw, rasp and blue berries - all 3 at once!), just like in my pictures. I sometimes add a spoon of almond butter on top, yum! 🙂